Just got back from my accountant’s office, it’s been a bumpy morning and I’ve decided to treat myself to a wee drink in your honor. Reviewing my financial portfolio has really taken it out of me! Your suggestion of going with Madoff seemed like such suave advice at the time, I felt so lucky to be accepted by him- taken in, as it were, Yes- taken in. You know, if you say his name really slowly after a couple coctails, it seamlessly slurrs from Madoff to Made-off. But you know me, not one to wallow in my troubles, or at least if I’m going to wallow, I’m going to make it look good- I present, for your approval… “The Flaming Amy” a plesant little cocktail where you burn meat effigies of rivals, fraudsters and anyone who works high up at AIG. It’s so simple and fun to make I knew you’d want the recipie…
Tomato or veggie juice
Rum and it’s got to be at least 100 proof, today is really a 151 kind of day
peppers for garnish
- Mix up your spices, I used paprika, corriander, lemon pepper, chili pepper and lots of Kosher Salt. Set this aside on a small plate.
- With siscors cut a small person shape from the jerky. I’d reccomend anything on the long side, chips and cubes won’t work. Turkey jerky is an acceptable substitute and fun to say.
- Dip the rim of your martini glass into a shallow bowl of water and shake off excess (you’ll want to use the thick cheap glasses for this one and not mom’s heirloom crystal)
- Press the glass into the salt mix
- Fill glass 3/4 full with tomato juice or veggie blend- I went with V-8, it had that breakfast feel.
- Add garnish, peppers, celerey and jalapenoes are all nice additions
- Add jerk person
- Pour one liberal shot of 151 rum on top of jerk person and let float on top of glass
- Light jerk with match
- Bask in the glow, enjoy the moment, blow out the fire, THEN drink
A few things to keep in mind. DON’T DRINK THIS WHILE IT IS ON FIRE you WILL hurt yourself. You know I hate to see you in pain. A shot of Roses Lime would be tasty in this too, though I haven’t tried it yet. For double the punch you can also add a shot of Voodoo Spiced RedRum. I love the flavor, but it isn’t strong enough to burn on it’s own. It comes in the most amazing coffin shaped bottle and when you look through one side the letters say MURDER, my patron saints. They also play a track from Los Straitjackets on their website and that my friend is as good as it gets.